This Election I stand for
- Transparency &
Highlights of Fahad’s stance:
- Formation of official opposition in City Government (Long Term)
- Changing the reporting structure of City Auditor’s office from The City Council to an independent and qualified citizens committee (Short Term)
- Development of Online voting System (to get public opinion before any important decision will be made in City Council)
- Financial data will be published at City of Edmonton’s open data website
- No more closed door meetings (All Public matters will be discussed in Council Meetings)
- City will Publish a sunshine list, similar to provincial government
- Limiting the term of each elected official to maximum of two.
- Creation of a task force with provincial government including union representatives to address the job loss impacted by automation
- Revival of Diversity & Inclusion office in The City of Edmonton
- Inclusion of experienced, qualified and passionate diverse community members in boards, agencies and commissions to reflect true demographic of Edmonton
- Formal designation of Interracial Alliance group (formerly known as Racism Free Edmonton) as a key stakeholder and influencer in developing policy to address racism and discrimination in Edmonton
- Neighborhood will be assessed and serviced based on their diverse needs. One model does not fit all.